Athena Career Academy offers training as a Clinical Medical Assistant. The Clinical Medical Assistant (MA) Program is designed to teach students the skills necessary for employment in the modern medical facility. We have included some of the most common questions about our program. Please contact us for more details!
What is a MA?
A Medical Assistant (MA) is capable of performing a wide range of duties, for example taking medical histories and recording vital signs, preparing patients for examination and assisting the physician during the examination. These skills are so vital that the Department of Labor lists medical assisting as one of the fastest growing occupations.
Where do MAs work?
What are the admission requirements?
Persons interested in attending the Clinical Medical Assistant Program must meet the following criteria for admittance:
- Complete an online application for admission.
- Attend an informational meeting with an admissions representative.
- Students must submit $25 for the Wonderlic Assessment.
- Attend an individual meeting with a financial aid administrator for funding arrangements.
- Sign an enrollment agreement.
- Complete an online State of Ohio Disclosure Course.
- Provide a copy of valid government identification and signed social security card.
- Submit a copy of a high school transcript or GED transcript
- Complete an emergency medical form.
- Attend the orientation session.
How long does it take to complete the program?
What types of courses are taught in this program?
When can I start?
Athena Career Academy MA Program Cost
|Entrance Assessment Fee (Paid to School)||$25.00|
|Books & Fees||$1,825.00|
Certification Fees (Paid by the School)
|Certification Test Fee (School pays for first attempt only)||$120.00|