Athena Career Academy offers training as an EGK technician. Our students learn in an active, student-centered lecture environment, coupled with the necessary lab time to master the skills and complete the required number of EKGs for certification. The program will give students the knowledge and experience to take and pass the National Healthcareers Association (NHA) EKG Technician certification examination (CET).
What is an EKG Technician?
An EKG technician preforms electrocardiograms or EKGs. An EKG is a test that monitors the heart’s activity and detects certain heart conditions.
Where do EKG Technicians work?
What are the admission requirements?
- Complete an online application for admission.
- Attend an informational meeting with an admissions representative.
- Sign an enrollment agreement.
- Complete an online State of Ohio Disclosure Course.
- Submit a registration fee of $120.
- Tuition, books and fees is $895.00.
- Provide a copy of valid government identification and signed social security card.
- Submit a copy of a high school transcript or GED transcript.
- Complete an emergency medical form.
- Submit a copy of a Medical Assisting or Practical Nursing transcript.
What type of courses are taught in the program?
What are the duties?
How long does it take to complete the program?
Athena Career Academy EKG Technician Program Cost
|Books and Fees||$205.00|
Certification Fees *
|Certification Test Fee||$117.00|
*See Admissions Rep for details.