- Will my credits transfer from your school to another school?
It is up to the receiving institution to determine if credits are transferable.
- I already have my immunizations. Will you accept a copy?
Yes, as long as they are current.
- How recent do my immunizations have to be?
TB and Physical must be within one year. All other immunizations must be up to date as needed. You may visit your primary care physician for your drug screen, physical, and immunizations. Prospective students must complete and pass a drug screen within 90 days of the start date.
- Can I get my background check in another state other than Ohio?
No. It must be administered in Ohio.
- Are you accredited?
Yes. Athena Career Academy is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. It is also approved by the US Department of Education. The school is registered with the Ohio Board of Colleges and Schools and operates under the authority of the Ohio Board of Nursing and Ohio Department of Health.
- Does Athena offer Financial Aid?
Yes. Athena Career Academy is proud to announce Title IV Financial Aid is available for our day and evening Practical Nursing classes, for those who qualify. We will assist each student throughout the Financial Aid process. Please call (419) 472-1150 to schedule your personal Financial Aid appointment.
- Where do I get fitted for my uniforms?
The uniform fittings are done during the orientation session at Athena Career Academy.
Teas Frequently Asked Questions
- When are the exams offered?
- Do you take walk-ins?
No, please call to schedule an appointment.
- When will I know my results?
Within 48 hours after completion of test.
- What content will be tested?
High School equivalent of science, reading, math, and English.
- What are the requirements to take the exam?
You must attend an Informational Session, pay $45 for the exam, have a valid photo ID and schedule an appointment to take the exam.
- Do you accept TEAS results from other schools?
Yes. We accept TEAS results within the last three years from the start date of the program for which the student is enrolling. The student must login to their ATI account and have the results sent to our school. HARD COPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- How long is the exam?
209 minutes. Plan to be at the school for about 4 – 4 ½ hours.
- If I fail one section, do I have to take all four sections?
Yes. If you fail a portion of the exam you must retake it as a whole and pay another $45.
- Is there a waiting period if I do not pass the TEAS?
You must wait 72 hours before retaking the exam.
- How much does the test cost?
- What type of payments do you accept for the exam?
Cash, credit, and money orders. NO CHECKS.
- What happens after I pass?
You must make an appointment to see Financial Aid. You also will be eligible to purchase a Background Check/Drug Screen/Certified Profile packet for $85 to begin uploading all of your required enrollment documents.